Tuesday 15 January 2013

Glossybox January 2013 review!

I got home from work today to find my January Glossybox waiting for me. So I opened it right up to see what awaited me inside!

I was disappointed with Decembers box, so let's see what January has in store shall we?........


This month is a detox theme, so I was pretty excited to see what was inside. Detox sounds good!


I got 5 samples, lets break it down:


The Sanctuary 2 sample sachet pack. One peptide serum sachet that you smooth over the face first and a Thermal Rose clay mask that you then smooth over the serum to activate warmth and leave for 15 minutes. They are 3.5ml and 7ml sachets.
I actually got this exact sample free from Boots some months ago!


Next is a 30ml sample of MONU Micro Exfoliant. This sounds nice - it has papaya enzymes and Shea butter in it. I hope it isn't too rich though......


Oh joy, another perfume sample, yippee.  I am quite fussy with scents and almost every sample I have had, I have not liked. This is an average smelling floral scent!


Then we have a 1g jar of BM Beauty Finishing Powder. I photographed it next to the perfume vial to give an idea of size.
I have had a BM Beauty eye shadow before in a beauty box and it was pretty good, so hopefully this will be nice. It is meant to give a dewy, airbrushed appearance to skin and can be used alone, under or over foundation. I am very happy that BM Beauty is CRUELTY FREE, so thumbs up for that. I'm looking forward to trying this.


Lastly is a 3.5ml jar of Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes. The full size of this is £57 for 15ml, so expensive. I hope this works for me although it doesn't mention helping reduce dark circles, which is what I look for in my eye creams!

To be honest, I am disappointed in this months box. It's ok, but the alternative box that I have seen includes a 30ml Elemis face wash, 100ml Paul Mitchell shampoo, full size lip balm and a cute looking Duck Island 30ml body lotion, all in addition to the MONU exfoliator I got.
That's a BIG difference!

I really wouldn't mind, but the boxes are always so far apart in contents. I feel a bit ripped off this month seeing the 'better' boxes contents.

I've been with Glossybox over a year just to give a bit of background seeing as the blog is fresh :) I'm so so thinking about ending things!

What did you think of your box. Good or bad? I'd love to get your views and opinions guys.

I'll have my Joliebox/Birchbox review up as soon as it arrives too!

From Me, For You  xoxo


7 comments:

  1. Good post. My box seemed a little better than the one you were sent but still not fantastic. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zara! Glad you did a bit better than me then! x

      Delete
  2. I can see why you weren't happy with it Amy, ive seen other boxes with big bottles in and everything.
    I cant understand how they can vary so much!!
    ive stopped getting them. i used to love the anticipation but when you got the box,.....it was just :( :(
    Great post, great start to your blog, looking forward to reading more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh have found a kindred spirit too in looking for the elusive dark circles best product!!!
    Ill be sure to share any findings with you, btu at the moment, my favourite is the Benefit's Erase paste. If there was a way for you to try it before you buy it, it might be worth it as its around £20 a little pot (that lasts for yonks) -or i could send you a wee sample in a little pot to try? let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, we will have to compare products and notes :) I'd love to get rid of those dark circles! So kind to offer Erase Paste! I might take you up on it - and I could send you one of my Japanese/Korean face masks if you fancy? :)

      Delete
  4. I hate when beauty boxes don't make everyone the same! The only one which seems to is Amarya x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I know, it feels rubbish getting the 'bad' boxes a lot, when you pay the same money. I have been tempted by Amarya, but not taken the plunge yet! x

      Delete

Hi! I love your comments, so please feel free to add one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...