Monday 23 September 2013

Birchbox September 2013 review!

I really like this months Birchbox!
The theme for September is Backstage to Real Life! Inspired by London Fashion Week.

Let's take a look!


First up, a 40ml Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel.
I like the sound of the gel, as I tend to favour oils and gels over creams when it comes to body products, so I'm excited to try this out.
It smells very 'aromatherapy', as you would expect. It is quite strong, but I don't mind the smell!


Up next, a 30ml Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang body lotion (to compliment the shower gel in Augusts box).
I like the smell, but I'm not sure about using it as a body lotion. It's a great scent for a relaxing bath, but I'm not sure I'll use the lotion!


Next is a very awesome 20ml bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water. I got the Sensibio, for sensitive skin (there is a combination skin variant too) and I'm very happy with this product!
I love the idea of micellar water and have wanted to try this brand for a while. Now I get to. Yay!



Then we have a Model Co Party Proof matte lipstick in Kitty. To be honest, I didn't like the shade of this just looking at it, but gave it a swatch and it comes out a lot sheerer than it appears. The colour is buildable, so good for those that like the darker shade!


Next, a 12ml nail varnish by Reverence de Bastien, in shade No.14, a very dark plum, berry shade.
I do have a shade or two similar to this, so don't really need it! A different colour would have been better for me!


Lastly, a little treat of Green & Blacks organic white chocolate.
I had a fear that this might be tainted by the powerful Molton Brown scent and I don't know if it was just me, but it did have a bit of a faint Ylang-Ylang tang to it! I just pretended it was some kind of Heston creation and went with it!


I am liking September's Birchbox. Especially the Bioderma. I could have done without the lipstick and nail varnish and would have preferred other products instead of those, but I still love the other products I got.
Birchbox wins this months best box versus Glossybox!

Did you get the items I got? What do you think? Or did you get some different goodies?
I'd love to know!

From Me, For You xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love your comments, so please feel free to add one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...