Tuesday 23 April 2013

Birchbox April 2013 Review!

It's time for the April Birchbox review!
This month the theme is 'In Bloom'- coming out of winter and into better and brighter things!

Here we go!



First up we have a soap by La Societe Parisienne De Savons. I got the scent Thridace



The box says that Thridace is "A gourmet composition that arouses your senses, awakening the sweet distant memories of childhood, it's enchanting fragrance will take you on an extraordinary aromatic journey."


To me, Thridace smells like typical old soap! A bit 'granny's bathroom'! It also has a slight marzipan like smell to it.
Unfortunately, I don't like the smell! Not a marzipan fan - but I love the packaging! It's really eye-catching.


I haven't unwrapped the soap to smell it more because I might be able to use it for something, it's a shame the scent isn't for me, as it's a really cute little item.




Next up is a 10ml sample of Skin Food by Weleda. This is a moisturiser which works well on elbows and heels too. I have dry skin, so will be using this for sure!


Then we have a 20ml Gentle Foaming Cleanser by Natio. I haven't tried anything by Natio yet, so will be giving this cleanser a go!


Next is a Glossy Kiss lip stick pencil by Mirenesse. The colour is 'Perfect Kiss'.



This is a lovely dark coral like colour with gold shimmer.

Top: One application
Bottom: 2-3 applications


One application (with camera flash)

One application (without flash)

I took my close up photo with flash to combat blur, but it really does lighten the colour of the lipstick too much, so I've taken it without flash too and it definitely shows the colour better, it just comes with blur!




Next is a 3ml sample of Gerda Spillmann Renaissance Age Serum, with antioxidants in it. This is from the same brand that had a foundation sample included in a Birchbox a few months ago, which sounded great, but my sample was too orange to use! I'll give this a go.


Lastly, the Lifestyle Extra of a cute little mirror! This is a sweet little mirror that I'll find a bag for!

I wasn't amazingly impressed with this months box. I'll use the products,which is always a good thing, but there wasn't anything I was really excited about receiving!

What did you think of this months box? Did you get anything different?

From Me, For You xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love your comments, so please feel free to add one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...